- Fill more seats (at the very least, their chauffeurs, oh excuse me, I mean, parents, will have to attend!)
- Create a more varied program.
- Show the kids that its cool to sing when you are an adult- its not just something to do when you are in school.
- In our case, teach the kids about early music, which they may not get so much of in their choral program (check out kat's comments about pop music in high school choirs)
- Use choral music to build community.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Working with high school singers: a win-win-win situation
One of my choirs is entertaining the following proposal: feature a local high school choir as guest artist in our upcoming concert sets. They would be invited to sing a couple of numbers- hopefully one in collaboration with us. Here is why this is brilliant, from least to most important